Saturday, January 07, 2006

technical difficulties

It seems k's computer, or rather her internet connection, has been acting up the last couple days, and now she's off to stay with friends where she'll likely have no computer access for another few days, so the lovely long IM conversation we had the other day was our last one for a while. So we are going to be in phone-only mode.

It's been really special and great to get a voicemail message from my girl every day so far. The ring and glide of her voice still arouses me like nobody's business, and I've been having a lot of fun listening to those and sending my own replies. It's a little awkward at the moment, since we're both back from a long stretch spent with other people and apart from each other, and I can sort of tell that k is having trouble "jumping back in" to things with me, so we're proceeding a bit slowly. I don't mean to say that I have any doubt that she's mine, committed, dedicated, and loving as always. Of all those things I'm completely confident. It's just a little adjustment period that's going on longer than it should due to technical difficulties.

Meantime, I'm still sending in the neighborhood of 600 emails a day to her, it seems, so when she does finally get back to her working computer, she'll have a minor flood to contend with. But I think she can handle it. She's nothing if not a strong one, my k.

2 comments:

Desireous said...

Well at least she'll know she's loved and missed with all those emails!

Hugs
Des

Irch said...

Well yes it's something. And it's not like I can help it - the urge to communicate, even if it's one-sided, is something I can't really resist...