Thursday, December 22, 2005

Stormy Weather

What is is about thunderstorms and torrential rain that gets me so worked up these days? This is a fairly new phenomenon for me - just in the last 2 or 3 years. When there's a downpour outside I get so damn horny. And for really aggro, rough sex too. It's been raining on and off the last few days here, and I can't think of anything else but just taking my k and ... well basically just *taking* my k.

There's the sensual side of rain - big fat drops splatting on everything, the cliche pitter-pat on the windowpane, getting all cold and drenched, the rumble of thunder and the cracking streak of lightning flashing in the sky. Just things that remind you that you're part of nature and all that. The idea of pent-up energy in the form of water just being released and flowing down to the ground...

And there's a poetic side too - the rain and the lightning being threads connecting sky and land, the life-giving water making the earth fertile and all.

And yes, there's a D/s element too. Actually that may be the reason that I started getting into the sexual part of storms a few years ago, coinciding with when I started experimenting with my Dom side. And it would also explain why this particular rainy season has been affecting me so seriously, now that I'm in a relationship with k. The D/s deal with storms is that they just come sweeping over the landscape, unstoppable, sometimes out of nowhere, dark clouds rumbling and letting loose on the land, the rain just inescapable and all-encompassing, full of power and promise, irresistible, pelting away at the landscape and everything on it, loving it and punishing it and giving it what it craves.

yeah, I'd say I've got a little storm fixation... swear if I lived in Seattle I'd never get anything done...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just loved the storm analogy.

...pelting away at the landscape and everything on it, loving it and punishing it and giving it what it craves

Beautifully put!

Irch said...

Well thanks urbanstud... about time somebody around here recognized my poetic soul!

-Irch

Irch said...

thanks Dave, always great to have a new reader ... when I started this blog I didn't think anyone would look at it at all

Irch said...

thanks for your post Sanyu ... waves crashing on the beach will definitely make a nice topic for a future post ;)

Anonymous said...

Linked from urbanstud as well...

This is such a perfect analogy. Now that you point it out, I see the "storm" qualities in my own partner when his dominant side rears its head (no pun intended!)...it's as if a mischievious cloud of dominance rolls over him and I can see it in his eyes and feel it in his touch. It is just as you said - unstoppable, inescapable, powerful and, because I'm such a lucky girl, full of promise and pleasure!

I look forward to reading more of your blog!