Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Quick Breaks

It goes without saying that my k works too hard. She's highly motivated and driven, and she's very good at what she does. She may get a little ADD and distracted now and then, but even when "scattered," there's always part of her brilliant multitasking mind focused on the problem at hand. When deadlines loom, she gets little sleep.

So given these two facts: (1) she works very hard and reaps the rewards of it, and (2) she is often easy to distract. Given those, a really good Dom would probably keep out of her hair when she's working, let her find her focus, and be proud that he played a small mute role in keeping her on target.

Needless to say, I tend to do the opposite.

I've got lots of reasons why I love to interrupt her day and provide her with myriad distractions. A big one would be my own ego, of course. It's a powerful feeling to know I can reach into her life at almost any given moment and turn her attention to me. I've learned many excellent methods for stealing her attention away, and discover more all the time. Sometimes it's almost too easy.

But I learned from reading Spiderman comic books as a kid that with great power comes great responsibility, so I try my hardest to keep the distractions to a minimum, and to time them for when she needs them. Well, mostly anyway. I'm not going to say that I don't sometimes do it just for me (it's good to be the Dom).

It's a balancing act sometimes. I know my wonderful k needs a break now and then, and to feel connected to a world outside of her work. The quickest way is to try and get her aroused and subbie-feeling, something I'm proud to say I'm good at doing expediently. Yet I don't want to impinge on the other areas of her life too much either - she gets a different kind of relaxation from doing sudoku puzzles or reading or messing around with graphics programs in her free time, and she needs that different kind of relaxation too. And of course she needs to go out and be with friends and familty, lead a real life that's not tied to the computer and cell phone. I want her to feel my presence in her life to some degree at all time, but I needn't always be at the forefront of her mind.

On the other hand, I feel like I also help k maintain that intensity in her work. I want to be that solid baseline she can always find when needed. In a way, I want to be the focus as well as the distraction (how's that for hubris?). To be what helps her remain steady, and also what keeps her off-balance, reaching, learning. To be her held and grounded center, to guide the unwavering tight beam of her focus, and at the same time to be the relief and diffusion and relaxation. To be part of the tension and part of the release.

I guess in strict terms it all comes down to foreplay and orgasm, but just as metaphors for the cycles of tension and release in daily life, which occur on many levels. The urge in me to be inside her life in these ways is extremely strong, and the moments when I feel truly part of her like that are immensely satisfying.

Plus there's an undeniable thrill in sending your woman back to work knowing that you've made her face flush, her breath catch, her pussy clench.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay,

i absolutely have to say something. i've been a lurker here for a bit reading your blog, and i have to say that i'm stunned. i'm a 23 year old submissive who has been r/l and online both, and well, i find this blog charming because you both seem to truly love each other.

And, i've never seen another blog or site (with the exception of castlerealm.com that is) where a Dom was so open about His feelings and relationship. it's totally different than the norm. in my own experience when i was collared to a former dominant about three years ago....his mind was a mystery. And...well...a very scary place sometimes. oO(this is completely besides the fact that he ended up to be different than what he always presented himself as).

you seem to cherish k. i greatly admire what you have shared reguarding that. But, hey, i've rambled too much....and lurker space is calling........

have a good afternoon,
kisha

Irch said...

thank you for your comments, kisha, and I hope you won't always remain lurking.

I do love k and she loves Me, and neither of us is very shy about expressing it in words here or elsewhere lol. That's our style, and it would probably be the same whether or not there were D/s elements to our relationship.

For some, the "implacable shadowy Dom" (or for that matter, the "mysterious cat-like sub") is an identity choice that means something. And some D/s relationships aren't about love, but about power-exchange and desire only. And really I think that's awesome and something a whole lot of people need and can be healthy and wonderful. It's just not the way we are.

I'll shout that I adore her to my last breath, and I guess I don't really care much if I bore all you blogreaders to tears with my endless protestations lol.

Irch said...

and yes, butterfly/pet, it's hard to keep from distracting when the power is ever-so-easy to use!