Thursday, February 16, 2006

Nutritional Value

One of the things that's so fun about my k is that she brings out sides of me that I didn't know existed, and inspires me to do stuff that I'd never have thought to do otherwise. Last week we were chatting and, as often happens, we got sorta caught up in little domestic fantasies about what life would be like if she and I actually lived together.

Now I really like to cook, and on this occasion k brought up a kind of food that I'd never heard of before, told me about how it was something she used to get all the time in her hometown and she missed it and all. So I was intrigued, looked up a recipe, found it to look plain delicious. I decided that my girl really needed to have this for Valentine's day.

So I cooked it up, and it was even tastier than I thought it would be. Luckily it's the kind of thing you can mail, so I overnighted it to her and she's been eating food that I cooked her for the past day or so.

Woah.

I really didn't expect that to be such a power rush. I mean, it's not like I've never cooked for others before, and others whom I've been in relationships with. But there was something really ultra-special about this. I felt more silly than anything else when I mailed it, and it made me happy to think of her getting something she wanted. It wasn't until she tasted it and told me about it in IM that this whole weird sexual thing struck me about it.

Part of it definitely stems from the long-distance relationship thing, combined with the general sensuality of the act of eating. Flavor and scent are big parts of sex and intimacy for me, and it kills me sometimes that I can't taste or smell my k. And I know she has similar feelings. I want to taste her, and want her to taste me. By the way, when is someone going to figure out a way to send taste and smell over the internet? Any engineers out there want to tackle this problem?

Anyhow, making food for her felt in a strange way like bridging that gap a little. Here was a taste and smell that I worked to create in my kitchen, and sent off to her - passed from one of us to the other. Of course, there was a two-day time delay lol ... And of course there was the thrill I got from knowing that she put something of mine inside her mouth - sure, not my first choice of what to have her savor and swallow, but I'll take what I can get ;)

The more surprising aspect was the D/s end of it. There was a very powerful feeling of dominance in feeding her. Providing sustenance, filling her stomach, satisfying her appetite. Maybe it's some silly cro-magnon hunter-gatherer thing, I dunno. I often think of the way we interact during a scene as me "reaching into" k, filling up the hollow spaces inside her, establishing a sort of control-from-within. And I knew that, in a tiny way, that metaphor had become literal truth.

Yes, all that, but mostly it was just so darned fun to cook for k. And she liked it, so it certainly won't be the last time I do that either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully decadent and caring way of showing your love. Food often plays an integral part in our kink play; your account takes me back to the repast we enjoyed the evening we first played with wax. The waxing was divine, but the taste of the food vies with the sensation of dripping wax on glistening skin for first place in my memory!

Irch said...

thanks for all your comments everyone :)

Yes, orchidea, seems like long after memories of sights & sounds fade, tastes and scents linger in the mind. And are so visceral too...

master & pet: yeah, well my girl is pretty damned inspirational - I'll get very creative to please her ;)