Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ins and Outs

So i've got a bit of free time this evening and i've been meaning to make a post over the last few days, i just haven't actually sat down to do it. So along with alphabetizing the links (was that driving anyone else nuts?) i've decided now is the perfect time to make that post.

I think one of the nicest things about the relationship that i have with Irch is how different we really are. I mean, yes we obviously share a lot of things in common with one another (i think you have to in order to make any relationship work, online or not), but we also have a surprising amount of things that are different. Things that make us each unique which i wouldn't change for the world. I think one of the funniest is something Irch brought up recently.

I am a country girl, 100%. I've lived in a town with a population of less than 100 people for the majority of my life; i grew up with chickens for pets and catching turtles on the side of the road. I had to ride a bus for an hour every morning and every afternoon to get to school in the nearest big city, because when you only have 5 teenagers in your town it doesn't make a lot of since to have a high school. Big cities scare me, i don't like crossing the street even at the crosswalk - i hate feeling crowded in by large numbers of people. I am a country girl, most comfortable with my shoes off walking through the grass looking up at the stars.


Irch, on the other hand, is a city boy. Grown up having lived in a number of cities much larger than my home town and living in various big cities across the country, which only appear in my nightmares. He seems to thrive in those big cities, loving everything about them. Where i would feel completely lost and alien He seems to feel right at home.

And as cliche as it is, here we are city boy and country girl together and happier than either of us could have imagined.

I never would have thought that i could ever have enough in common with a boy from a big city to actually be able to form a relationship. How did that happen? City boys weird me out, or at least the boys from the only big city i've ever spent any time in. They're wild and crazy and outspoken and seem to enjoy all that hustle and bustle that big cities seem to bring.

I think that is part of the reason Irch and i work so well. It is our similar traits as well as our differences which make us fit together just right. If we were exactly alike how could we grow? If we shared all the same taste in music, who would i tell about the new band i've discovered. If we read all the same books, who would introduce me to wonderful new authors? There is so much in Him i don't see in myself, and those things push me to new places i would never even dream of going on my own. Through out all the years that i've known Him i've felt little bits of Him rubbing off on me in ways that surprise me daily. I am such a better person for having known Irch at all, let alone being His.

Who would have known that a city boy and a country girl could do so well together.

No comments: