Monday, November 05, 2007

etwas langsammer


Glorious k and I are back in daily contact again, after a drought that was far too long. We are enjoying each other's company and reveling in how free and beautiful it feels to have no burdens weighing us down any more.

New anxieties have popped up, however, which are giving us pause and causing us to proceed more slowly now. I absolutely love k and she does me, but we are trying to become a couple again in a more organic way, rather than jumping right into the passion where we left off. This is not easy or painless, but it's necessary. We both want this to be forever, and that means going about things differently. It also means that the D/s is more a form of flirtation and a reminder of our shared past than it is an intrinsic part of our dynamic right now.

We are very slowly "coming out" to friends and family. We are sharing every possible waking moment, from the text message I send to wake her in the morning to the phone call when she's in bed at night. And the part that many of you have been waiting for: barring acts of god, we are meeting face-to-face in about a month. Just a weekend, but hopefully the first of many. I am trying hard to be blase, mature, and clinical about it - "this is just a test to see if we really get along just as well in person, and if it doesn't work out, no big deal." I think anyone who's read our postings here probably knows what a fight it is to maintain that kind of attitude. Anyway, we are mostly pretty giddy (and trepidatious) about the whole thing. We'll keep you informed as plans solidify.

For the moment, it just feels damned good to be back in a landscape with fertile soil and the potential for roads and bridges and maybe even a cottage-for-two.

Oh and this week's German title? Just for fun ... scholarly k is quite fluent in German, whereas I really only know tempo markings and things you might hear in a bad American WWII movie. By happenstance, a tempo marking was appropriate today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!

I hope you both smell right to each other. That's always my biggest worry when I meet someone for the first time :)

It's glad to see that you're back together and hoping that it can really become something great.

-tulsa (because I'm too tired to sign out of my other email and into this one)

Irch said...

Thanks so much Tulsa. It's a very exciting time for us, and I'm sure I will be waxing rhapsodic about her scent here in a few weeks ;)

Anonymous said...

Smiles,

I know the "first meeting" feeling well. Yes, scent is important, even though subconscious.

I look forward to reading all about it and hopefully reading a little more before the "event".

Cheers to you both.

rosie
xxxx

Irch said...

Thanks very much to you too, Rosie. It's lovely to have so many fans rooting for us, and rest assured that there will be plenty of posts before and after the meeting. Though definitely not during!