Thursday, November 08, 2007

Tasty Treats


Well the other night I did something that I've been longing to do for months now. During our "interregnum," I never cooked for sexy k, and I missed it quite a bit. I won't get too into the whole emotional, romantic, Domly side of cooking for her (I've done that here, among other places), but suffice it to say that I am very glad that I can do this again.

I'd found a recipe for pumpkin muffins (with chocolate chips of course!) online, and couldn't resist trying it out and sending it to my hungry faraway woman, it being the right time of year for such an autumnal treat. There was a special twist to my cooking this time, though:

She got to watch me cook for her.

I set up the webcam (which previously had only been used to document other kinds of physical indulgence), and basically put on a cooking show for her. No, not "The Naked Chef," since we are keeping the overtly sexual things on hold until we meet in a few weeks, but I think still entertaining viewing. It was one step closer to cooking together, or cooking for her in her presence - at least one of which I am highly motivated to do on my visit. This is soul-satisfying in a deep way that I have a difficult time articulating here.

She received the package at lunchtime today, and I got to be in IM with her as she took a first bite, and instantly I felt our connection so strongly. And, as always happens and I'll never get used to, I felt like I'd tapped into the profound ancient magic of the earth, and glimpsed infinity for a moment. Yes, just from a bite of muffin, so sue me.

What a thrill to be able to connect with the one I love in this special way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent idea!

I might try cooking for Master on the webcam also.

Although I doubt I could send it to Him as it would be off before it got to the UK, but, we could both cook eggs and bacon for breakfast at the same time watching and eat it together!

We have eaten the same things before at the same time, and drunk the same port or wine at the same time, but never actually watched eachother cook stuff!

What a great idea, thank you.

xxxx

Irch said...

Thanks Rosie,

It's nice to enjoy things simultaneously, isn't it? And the webcam just adds a new layer of intimacy to it all. Felt odd at first, but I got used to it. Let us know if it works for you!

milla said...

Awesome. This is simply awesome. I'm so happy for you both and wish you all the best as you meet soon. Thinking fondly of you. May i add a link to you on my blog?

milla xx

Irch said...

Thanks so much for your warm thoughts, milla. We're both on pins and needles waiting for that first real-life meeting to come.

And you don't need to ask to link, it would be an honor :)