Friday, December 08, 2006

Domly Pride

Well I am just ridiculously proud of my stunning k these days. She has made a serious commitment to getting graduate school applications out this year, and since the moment she reached the decision, she has been so dedicated to the goal. Just a wonderful whirlwind of activity, quite impressive to watch.

And of course I can't help but feel that big welling up of pride in my chest when I see her tackling these big difficult projects and putting so much of herself into the work. This is something that she doesn't have to do. She's doing it because she has the desire (and a willing mentor through the process), and she goes into it fully aware of the amount of effort it will take. The fact that she is taking time out of her other activities and pastimes to focus on this never fails to make me smile.

I've written here before about how this kind of pride is different from any other I've experienced. Obviously it's based on the kind of special feeling you get when the person you are in love with does something wonderful in the world. That's the basis, but it extends outward to other places too. There's a sort of teacher/student twist to it too, and of course an erotic component (Yes when she bears down and concentrates like she does, it makes me hard - I'm a freak like that). But it's beyond those things too.

k amazes constantly, but I never get used to it. I feel like I can take part in her accomplishments and endeavors more than I ordinarily would simply because I am her Dom. I lay claim to everything she does (good or bad) to some degree. I know that the solid core of strength at the center of her, that which gives her the power to do great things, is something that I own and nurture and cultivate. Not that it isn't her strength - it undoubtedly is intrisic to the person she is at heart, with our without me - but I know that I help her to recognize it and use it and see it for what it is.

And once she gets going, she is just unstoppable. Keep working hard, my sexy one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully supportive words. I believe the role of mentor is often forgotten in relationships such as ours, yet it is vital.

With my best wishes to k, and hope that she fulfil her dreams till her heart is content.

my love to you both,

Lena

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one who gets an erotic charge from seeing your girl's mind in high gear! I, too, find my love's intellectual engagement, with me or towards a third party, both heart- and loin-warming.

Will

Irch said...

Lena your wishes are much appreciated, and yes I take the "mentor" role very seriously - it's the one benefit of our age difference.

And Will, I'm glad I'm not the only one :)