Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Time Slip

Time slips by so quickly sometimes, like warm water sluicing between interlaced fingers.

This week and next are difficult ones for me ... lots of work and lots of family things happening, which means not as much time online with my glorious k. So naturally I have been setting her up with several offline assignments to do for me - most of them not particularly sexual (but yeah some are of course), just simple things that can keep us in contact, keep her feeling subbed-out, keep her on the road to graduate school next year.

Normally I'm very loose with these things, letting stuff slide and only having a deadline for the sake of having a deadline. But especially with the grad-school things, there are real-world actual deadlines looming, so I'm trying to tighten down.

But that is hard to do. My stupendous k has a job, has social acitvities, has roommates, has other obligations. She deserves time to relax, too. I've been trying to find the right mix of enticements, coaxing, threats, cajoling, inspiration, and guidance to move things along. I haven't found that right mix yet.

I catch myself bordering on frustration sometimes, when I narrow my focus down and think of this as a "problem" to be solved. But it only takes one smile or turn of phrase from that amazing girl to remind me that it's not that at all. It's just the two of us, madly in love, working out our roles as we go.

It's me learning to be her Dom, and that just takes some time.

5 comments:

tulsa said...

Have I mentioned how much I love that you mention "learning to be her dom?"

Cause I do.

One- you admitted learning and not knowing, and two, you said "her" dom... and that is just really admirable.

Irch said...

well that's sweet of you, Tulsa, thanks :) I've really never wanted to be anything but "her" Dom, and I've never thought that I had it all figured out. It's a constant ebb and flow, and god what an amazing journey it's been.

Anonymous said...

Like Tulsa, I like the way you phrase those very important things. No doubt k feels the same way. Personally, I find it means so much more when it's one on one with a commitment like the two of you seem to have.

Love,
The Butterfly Temptress

milla said...

my Master and i are on the same path, we are apart, meeting in January, totally committed and learning to be in a D/s relationship. i am in a similar situation to your girl, very busy and actively social. i am loving integrating His tasks into my life, it's providing the relationship and sexual structure i crave. Take strength, she is loving it i'm sure, and what she's loving most of all is that You're leaning together, You value her enough to be working through this, and that You're together! This is what i love about my Master and i's journey. Of course we both don't always get it right, but gosh, it's fun learning and growing together. Thank You for Your blog.

Irch said...

thank you for your comments and your empathy, butterly and milla. we are indeed 100% committed to each other - it's only silly surface details that take some time and effort to get through.

milla, thank you for visiting :) I took a look through your blog today, and it's lovely!