Monday, September 25, 2006

Patience

When I can't be with my extraordinary k, and a whole day can go by without being able to exchange words, I'm thrown out of sorts in many ways. There's the unfulfilled-ness of being out of touch with the one I love. There's the incompleteness of my dominance sort of hanging out in thin air without her complimentary submission. There's just plain old loneliness.

It helps if I think of my patience as a gift that I'm giving her - something that I'm actively doing (you know how us Dommy types don't like to feel passive and helpless).

I've always been a patient person in most things, but when it comes to k, it's not easy. My internal rhythms are all mixed up with hers now, so when we're not synced up, I find myself foundering, trying to find that beat again. It's a syncopation we can only create together.

So right now I'm just waiting for that downbeat.

No comments: