Friday, September 22, 2006

Fantasy and Reality


My sensational k and I have often shared different fantasies we've had. Some typical, some not so typical, the usual mixed bag I guess. I've got a stockpile of scenarios we might roleplay some day for fun - she has a thing for swaggering cowboys, I have a thing for hardboiled film-noir dames (see pictures).

And as I've remarked here many times, my first experiences with D/s were in that fantasy category as well. I've played at it in real life, but it's never been more than spice added to an encounter. The online chatroom communities were also just fantasy settings for me for the most part. I mean, how can you take seriously any place where someone named something like "HarshDestructiveMaster19" can say things like "which of you sluts is gonna crawl to my cock and suck all over it with your clit?" (actual chatroom quote which I will never forget)

An ongoing assignment I've given k is to write up for me one of her fantasies each week. Whether it's two sentences or something more involved, vague or detailed. And in return I write out one of my own. It's a fun exercise, but I've noticed something interesting lately: after the first couple of months, the fantasies that we shared with each other started to change, from the wild role-playing and deep-dark-secret kind into more attainable real-life scenarios. Nowadays, my greatest fantasies are all centered around her, and really pretty much all of them are about things that we will do together when we are finally together in the flesh.

My imaginative life is completely focused on the real person that my succulent k is, not some made-up submissive archetype. This carries over to when we scene in IM or on the phone as well -- I'm really not all that interested in pretending we are, say, having a midnight tryst in the Trevi Fountain or catching fireflies by the Kamo River. I appreciate the fun and romance of that truly, but I don't need it and don't pursue it. I'm much more interested in imagining us together in a real place - usually her bedroom or mine, maybe a car or a hotel room. That can add something semi-tangible to what we are sharing sometimes, but really the trappings aren't what it's about. Really all I care about is the intense dynamic between us, the fluid and earthy power of our shared love.

I dream of being with her constantly. That's all the romance I need.

No comments: