Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Versification

So, there will be more on this whole painting thing posted soon, but before I get to that, which might actually be interesting, here's some very bad poetry! *cue theme music*

I'm not good at this at all, and the only way I can even get started is to have a pretty serious structure in place (imagine, a Dom who requires structure!), so this is sort of a shorter, easier bastardization of a form called a sestina.

I should mention that I wrote this while my beloved k was sleeping. One of the things I tend to fantasize about a lot is watching her sleep, just being in bed with her and seeing this immensely complex and scintillating mind find quiet restfulness.

As she sleeps

As she sleeps, the world slows to rest with her:
Stillness, peace, steady breath.
A lilting rise and fall of dreams
Mirrored in her silent slumber.
This girl, this marvelous girl, is Mine.

This girl whose mind is glass-splinter-faceted by day,
As the sun and incandescent rays
Still criss-cross at acute angles about her.
A lingering scatter of both light and thought,
Mirroring, refracting. All of it

Mere ornament to
This girl I see
As whole in sleep.
Still.
All contradictions resolved.

A long drowsy sigh is a
Mirror held up to her dreaming mind.
This girl travels fantastic realms
As I sit and watch her,
Still fascinated after hours.

Stealing kisses from her sleeping form,
All of her being reflected and focused in the
Mirror of my eyes.
This girl, this marvelous girl, is Mine
As she sleeps.

No comments: