Friday, July 07, 2006

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes the silliest, simplest things bring me such pleasure. My adorable k went to the movies today (Pirates of the Caribbean, naturally - see number 16 of the Zero Things About Me list), and texted me from her cell phone as she waited in line, bought tickets, got snacks, enjoyed the previews. I felt like I was there with her, absorbing her excitement about the event. We aren't quite dorky enough to go see the same movie at the same time in theaters 2000 miles apart, but give us time ... there are depths of dorkiness yet to be plumbed.

I am so startlingly and exuberantly in love with my woman. I can't wait for the day when we can enjoy a movie together (or make out like teenagers during the whole show, even better). Until then, I get to share the experience in the best way I can.

2 comments:

Darklord said...

Cheers to butterfly's post! i had been thinking the same thing (and preparing that wide joyful smile for seeing it!)

Irch said...

lol well I guess the pressure is on to do this now eh? Thank you both for your lovely words