Friday, October 21, 2005

Dream a Little Dream

Ok so it should come as no surprise that I dream about my wonderful k a whole lot. Been doing that pretty much since I met her, as a matter of fact, though in the past half-year or so the dreams have become much more frequent, and since the collar they are pretty darn constant. They're most often sexual, of course, and those dreams will get more intense that way the longer it's been since we last played together. My imagination really lives for her, I guess, and when I don't get that part of my brain activated for a while, it gets starved and starts making stuff up.

Now some dreams are really just fragments and some are nearly epic in length and scope, and some I really can't remember but I just have that little flash of emotion that lets me know that she was in my head as I slept. A number of the more narrative dreams I've used as bases for erotic stories, which can really be fun. I even get ideas for good scenes to act out with her from my dreams at times, or the opposite can happen: where my dream is a replay or variation on a scene we recently had.

And not quite every dream, not even quite every sex-charged dream, is D/s-centered. The vast majority of them, yep, but not all. And I kind of like that, actually. I'm not entirely sure why it makes me happy that some of the dreams are vanilla - maybe because k is such a great friend and I like thinking about her in vanilla ways too. In fact, sometimes after we've had a scene, I'll realize that it was actually pretty D/s-free. I guess lurking in the background is always that power-exchange thing, but it's amazing how subtly that can color things sometimes.

Another thing about my dreams is that I really don't know what my girl k looks like. I mean, I know how tall she is and the color of her eyes and hair and what she likes to wear and like that, but I've never seen a picture of her or anything. Now I'll wait for another posting to talk about why that doesn't bother me in the least (though of course I'm curious as hell). But in my dreams it's funny, because there are often so many visual details in them - lots of details, but the whole they add up to isn't detailed itself. That makes no sense, does it? Well the main thing I feel in my dreams, as in the time I spend with her online, is a "presence," which is a rhythm and a style and a fluidity and a grace and a way she bears herself. It's the way she licks her lips and the way she blinks her eyes, rather than a stark image of lips or eyes. It's the pace that her fingertips drum on the chair arm and the shape of the arc her thigh traces as it opens and the trembling pause between breaths. It's an agglomeration of the "tropes" of being k, adding up to a complete presence. That's the whole thing that's in my dreams, and my brain supplies some details here and there. It's that presence, a manifestation of her in my life when she's hundreds of miles away, that fires my mind.

Nowadays, of course, I'm getting lots of auditory stimuli in my dreams as well. I've still never heard the actual sound of k climaxing, but the other day I heard something just about as lovely, which I'll maybe talk about here another time.

No comments: