Sunday, February 10, 2008

The first time

The first time we met, in person, flesh to flesh, face to face, i was so nervous. I thought about running away, about not answering my phone, anything i could do to keep the inevitable from actually happening. I remember feeling a deep pull in the deep pit of my stomach when He did call letting me know He'd made it to town.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen that night - i'd actually planned to come home to my apartment after we'd spent some time together that night and see how things went the next day.

After dinner we went out to the parking lot, our cars right next to each other, to decide what we wanted to do next. It was a little cold, and i felt so awkward holding my purse there, but He made me forget about all of that.

He wrapped His arms around me, and pulled me against His chest. It was so right there, that's where i fit. And i pulled back enough to look up at Him again, just before He whispered.

"I need to kiss you."

And His lips descended to cover mine before i even had time to really hear what He had said, so warm and soft and everything i've ever wanted. And god i just wanted to kiss Him like that forever.

I will hold on to this memory for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful to read and it must have been quite a nerve-wracking and anxious time.

I am sure you are pleased you didn't run away.

Hugs
Mina