Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day and Night

One thing I enjoy about the intensely beautiful and life-altering relationship between my ebullient k and I is its ubiquity and continual presence. It's one of the things that at first made me wonder if an online relationship would ever be fulfilling. And to tell you the truth, if our only interactions were in IM, it would still be lovely, but it likely wouldn't feel so sublime and deliciously pervasive.

Simply put, I think of my delicious k constantly, and thanks to the magic of text messages and voicemail and email and all those other technological things, we can exchange thoughts at any moment, so that we can be "together" all day long. I can share her little triumphs and tribulations as they happen, and just be connected all the time.

There's something about being connected like that through the day that really appeals to the Dom side of me - knowing that she is thinking about me and keeping me in her heart, knowing that I can use some well-chosen words to make her smile or gasp or grow wet any time I want to. Yes, definitely an ego thing, definitely a power thing, but so much more than that too... it's love that tells a story.

In a sense, all our relationship is built on story-telling - we don't experience things together the way an ordinary in-person couple does. We have shared experience, for sure, but of a different quality. And there's nearly always a narrative involved, a translation from action into word into memory. No possibility of silently sitting together and holding hands, sharing the warmth of each other's presence - unless we talk about it and imagine it together.

So since so much of our interaction is based on things that happen in a shared imaginative space at one remove from our bodies, it's a glorious thing to share the moment-to-moment reactions and minutiae of our "real world" days together in parallel. And as part of that experience, to keep my presence fully integrated into her daily routine, there are a few things I ask my brilliant and generous k to do regularly.

She kneels when she wakes up in the morning, and sends me a text or email shortly thereafter. She masturbates to orgasm each night before falling asleep, and usually calls me from bed afterwards, so that the last word on her lips is my name. I encourage her to cum in the shower in the morning as well, though that's less of a rule and more of a fun way to start the day. Oh and I get pictures of her every week now, which is one of my favorite new developments. She has other weekly and intermittent assignments from me as well, but these are some of the ones that have lasted the longest and are fairly strict.

I love my sweet gorgeous k, and being at the forefront of her mind so often during her day is one of the things I am most proud of in my life, and that gives me intense pleasure. She thrills me down to my bones each and every moment.

Happy Halloween everyone! boo!

No comments: