Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Asynchronous Mood


Well the schedules of my wonderful k and I haven't been lining up so well recently. Her internet connection's been spotty, she's been dealing with moving into her new place, getting settled, adjusting to a new schedule. And of course there have been all sorts of drains on my time as well - the past week hasn't been our best for being together.

So we do what we can. The internet connection thing is actually one of the worst problems, because one of the ways we feel together most when we're apart is by sending lots of emails, writing (including blogging), doing silly online projects, etc. When I see that I got something new in my inbox or that some webpage has been updated, I know she's been thinking of me and "actively" belonging to me. But that hasn't been too easy for her of late. I'm a patient man for the most part. Yes. At least, I think I will be, if I just keep saying that over and over. Very patient. That's me.

Last week on friday afternoon, we had an hour or two free together, and the internet connection was working (yay!), so we got to chat for a good while. My sublime k had people walking around near her computer, though, which meant I had to keep my usual sexual instincts under wraps to a certain extent. So we ended up playing a game of scrabble on yahoo, believe it or not. And really it was the highlight of my weekend, no lie - so much fun to flirt and tease and spell words and be elated and frustrated and just to be with my girl. Only sad things about playing the online version of the game are that it won't count the dirty words (in my estimation, they should count double), and you can't do any form of mutually-agreed-upon cheating. And of course you can't have sex on the scrabble board and pick those little wooden rectangles out of each other's skin after. But still, heck of a lot of fun to be had.

That subbie of mine plays a mean game of scrabble, and isn't one bit shy about showing her Dom the extent of her vocabulary and brilliant tactics.

I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my sweet k in all her triple-word-score glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it's not the same if you can't let your inner smut word wizard hang out. M won't play scrabble with me - he doesn't stand a chance. I won't play chess with him (erm, I don't stand a chance), so we usually agree on backgammon; to be played on cold autumn and winter evenings in front of a roaring log fire...

I hope k is settling in at the new place and you can spend more time together very soon. :)

orchidea xxx

Irch said...

thanks for your lovely comments, butterfly and orchidea. yes, scrabble is one of those games that's just right: not so dependent on luck like most card games, not so intellectually taxing as chess, letting you draw on your own experience with words. And so much spicier when dirty words are allowed! I automatically think of the words laid out on the board as clues or codes for a narrative, and of course that story is far more fun when it can include the word "cunt."