Wednesday, March 19, 2008

End

I've ended things with wonderful k. Rather abruptly. I've hurt her, like I've hurt her many times in the past, but this time far worse. I love her very much, always will, but I've discovered that I'm just not emotionally able to hold up a long-distance relationship, despite the bond we have shared, despite all she has sacrificed for me, and despite my own best efforts. It's my failing and it's unfair to her. It's also (in my opinion) the only path to take.

I don't want this to be any more dramatic than it has to be, so I will just say goodbye and thank you to all.

4 comments:

oatmeal girl said...

i am so very sorry and very sad to hear this. i do know the struggles involved. and we all bring our own strengths and weaknesses to our lives and our loves.

still, from my own experience, i beg you to not close your eyes and ears if k reaches out to you and tries to change your mind. sometimes, not always but sometimes, with some thought and adjustments and a big leap of faith, things can be made to work after all. you never know...

Votary said...

I am also devastated to hear this news, as I was so desperately rooting for the two of you. I am quite sure there's much more to the story that we can't know as an internet audience, but trust me when I say that I truly understand at least part of your anguish. k's especially.

And I'm going to mourn the loss of the blogging interaction I had with both of you as well; I do hope we all find a way not to disappear entirely. We seemed to run on such parallel tracks, it's not even surprising to me anymore that we seem to have tumbled out of the cart at the same time.

Here's hoping that we can all pick ourselves up and carry on with more reasonable, smaller-scaled dreams. I know we will.

Although, sometimes, knowing that is the hardest part.

Best of luck, and truly, much love to both of you.

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO
NO
NO
NOOOOOOOOO

Please..... it CAN work, it does work, this is just a minor hurdle please please please make it work.

Its always frustrating in LD but it can and it does work and I am proof.

Please try make it work?

Hugs to you both

rosie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear this... but what actually happened? Is it really so distrastous and final as you think?

Tomorrow is another day. Take care.
tina from Sweden