Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Aching and Longing

This isn't a "real" post, just me expressing some sadness and frustration. The past 5-6 days, it's been hard for sweet k and I to have the time together that we want. I've been busy, she's been busy, and our schedules just haven't been aligning right. Consequently I miss her in a dire way lately - something more deep and desperate than usual. It hurts to be apart.

And that makes my mind and heart spiral off into dark places they don't want to go. I know this will all be ok soon. It's just a hiccup in the overall flow, but at the same time I feel on tenterhooks at every moment, and that's not a feeling I like.

Just needed to vent a little here. I'm a strong grown-up and I can survive a little longing like this. Thanks for listening all, and k I love you all the stars in the sky.

3 comments:

Votary said...

Nothing is more frustrating and soul-dampening! You have my sincere sympathy.

Irch said...

Thank you Votary,

It's hard all the time. We are planning another visit for the end of this month, though, so that's starting to take the edge off.

A said...

I remember the days of waiting for the visits and how hard it was when we were both so busy we couldn't talk as much on the phone.

Of course, sometimes it wasn't so much that we were busy as much as long distance phone calls were so much more expensive then. There weren't packages with "unlimited" long distance calls, or free calls if you have the same cell phone provider, etc. And cell phone usage was incredibly expensive too.

We ran up $700-$800 monthly bills more than once while dating LD. On both sides, yeah. Staggering. Many times we were forced to stop calling each other only halfway through the month just because it was so expensive. There was always email though.

Anyway, glad you are getting a visit soon! Enjoy! :)