Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ironic endings

It's ironic the way life works sometimes. After the biggest most wonderful highs come the most soul crushing heart breaking falls. That seems to have happened for Irch and I. I won't go too far into specifics, but I feel like you all deserve a proper ending to all of this rather than just a forgetting by either of us.

Earlier this week, Irch encountered a crisis in his real life, one of such magnitude that he had to make a choice. Possibly one of the most difficult choices to make - between me and his real life and the people in it. I'm sure you all, judging by the way I've begun this post, can guess which decision he ultimately came to.

As much as it breaks both of our hearts Irch has decided the best thing to do in this situation is to release me from his collar and go about dealing with things in his real life. Such is part of the problem with online relationships, as much as we love and need one another, there are just somethings which demand our attention more.

So this week has probably been one of the hardest weeks I've ever had, it's hard to live your life in constant heart break, but each day we're moving on.

I'm not sure what will become of this blog, we're leaving it up, as a record of what we had. I am not sure if Irch will post anything about all this, he may. These past 16 months have been the happiest of my life and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Irch and I will continue to be friends, even though it is impossible for us to continue on as we have been doing, simply because neither one of us could imagine life where we no longer talked to the other.

I am just so glad we had this place to share some of ourselves with you all, to show the world what we had and maybe even help some people in similar situations. Thank you all for your love and support over this past year, it has meant so much to both of us. I have loved the support and comments we've gotten since we started, it has been so encouraging to know there are people out there in similar situations dealing with some of the same things, and even to know that people were actually reading about us. I have loved sharing us with you, and I am sad that I won't have the chance to do that any longer.

It's amazing how everything you love and hope and dream for can be taken away in one swift motion leaving you with nothing.

So we'll see how things go, day by day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts and Irch's have been a comfort to me and my girl, and we will be sorry to see you go.

It is good to see you end it with fondness as well as pain, and I wish you well as you find a new balance.

Don't give up all the highs you worked for with Irch, find that school and the next challenge, and may they be as rewarding as can be for you!

CZ said...

*stunned*

I don't know what to say here. My heart goes out to both of you. If there is *ANYTHING* I can do to help, anything at all, please let me know!!

antisojo@yahoo.com

lavender said...

oh, i'm so sorry to hear this!

i wish the best for both of you..


with love,
lavender

tulsa said...

I'm sorry things had to end for you, I hope you can stay as wonderful friends and have a chance to keep life going.

Good luck.

Faltenin said...

Y/your adventures echoed O/our own days, ideas and parallels that gave U/us comfort.

Y/you'll be missed....

kitten & Dom

Remittance Girl said...

I am so sorry that on the day I found your blog, I read this post.

I am terribly sorry for both of you. But you sound like you are both extreemly mature and sensible people.

Good luck to you

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this...

Wish both of you al the luck and strenght necessary

Darklord said...

Wow. i don't know what to say. i'm sorry that something terrible has happened in Irch's life and i wish the best for the two of you. You had such a wonderful loving blog that i will miss coming here to see the lovely exchanges.

I wish you two nothing but the best in your future, wherever they may go.

Best Wishes,
DL's toy

Anonymous said...

I have been a silent observer... and both of your words have touched me in so many ways... my heart breaks for you both...

I know i am not alone when I thank you for the rest of the silent readers or your beautiful and so very special blog...

I can only hope... that in the end somehow someway this beautiful connection can carry on...

good luck to you both

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I feared going into LD... Something coming in between... something my far presence have no, or not enough power on... an being discarded...
I really admire your 'peace of mind' even feeling well your pain... I know well I would'nt have takr this with such elegance...

Anonymous said...

Here I am catching up on the blogs after an absence, and I find this post.

*HUGS* I am so sorry to read about this, my heart goes out to the pair of you.

Dave

Anonymous said...

I just started reading Y/your Blog -I was excited for each new post - and simply in shock at this last one.

That decision must have truly been hard for Y/you B/both.

It is funny how life takes turns that throw U/us off -
My thoughts are with Y/you B/both and hold the past 16 months close - It was remarkable.